(A Direct Substitute for BioMeda Gel-Mount)
Aqueous based mounting medium designed for the preservation of fluorescence stained tissue sections. Mfr. by EMS.
Fluoro-Gel is an aqueous mounting medium for preserving fluorescence of tissue and cell smears. This unique formula prevents rapid photobleaching of FITC, Texas Red, AMCA, Cy2, Cy3, Cy5, Alexa fluoro 488, Alexa fluoro 594, Green fluorescent protein (GFP), tetramethyly rhodamine, Redox. The fluorescence is retained during prolonged storage at 4ºC in the dark. This mounting medium does not contain phenylenediamine, which destroys immunofluorescence of Cy dyes, RP-E, PC and APC.
FLUORO-GEL MOUNTING MEDIUM APPLICATIONS:
- Immunofluorescence, confocal microscopy.
FLUORO-GEL MOUNTING MEDIUM PROCEDURE:
- Bring the vial to room temperature.
- Rinse slide to be mounted with DISTILLED WATER OR DEIONIZED WATER, touch the edges of slide on a paper towel to remove excess water. Place slides on a flat surface away from light.
- Turn the vial upside down and open the dropper to remove any air bubbles.
- Apply 3-4 drops of mounting medium directly on top of the specimen and spread out evenly by tilting slide back and forth or spread evenly with a 0.2 ml plastic pipette tip making sure the tissue is not touched. Excess mounting medium can be removed by touching the edges of slide against paper towel.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes.
- Apply coverslip carefully avoiding air bubbles.
- The specimen is ready for visualization under a microscope.
- One can seal the edges of coverslip with nail polish, any organic mounting medium or our Limonene mounting medium. If a coverslip is not used air bubbles will appear in a few days.
- For long term storage it is recommended that the slide be stored in the dark at 2-8ºC.
REMOVAL OF COVERSLIP:
Coverslip can be removed before sealing the edges. Soak slide in warm (37ºC) water for a few minutes. Carefully and slowly move the coverslip. Soak in water for an additional few minutes to remove coverslip. Rinse slides several times with warm water to remove all mounting medium. The slide can be remounted again.