Validation Stain: Gomori Prussian Blue
Other Applicable Stains: Perl’s Prussian Blue
Tissue: Positive staining liver or spleen.
Fixation: Formalin 10%, Phosphate Buffered (Part 1090).
Section/Glass: Paraffin sections cut at 4 microns on Superfrost™ Plus slides.
Quality Control Stain: Gomori Prussian Blue quality control stained slide(s) included.
Reactivity: Guaranteed product specific reactivity for one year from date of receipt. Revalidate after one year to verify continued reactivity.
Storage: 15-30°C in a light deprived and humidity controlled environment.
Intended Use: To verify histological techniques and reagent reactivity.
Before using unstained control slides, review the enclosed stained slide(s) to ensure that this tissue source is acceptable for testing needs.
CONTROL SLIDE VALIDATION:
|With Iron, Gomori Prussian Blue Stain Kit:||Part 9136A/B||Individual Stain Solution|
|Solution A:||Hydrochloric Acid 20%, Aqueous||125/250 ml||Part 12087|
|Solution B:||Potassium Ferrocyanide 10%, Aqueous||125/250 ml||Part 13392|
|Solution C:||Nuclear Fast Red Stain, Kernechtrot||250/500 ml||Part 1255|
Newcomer Supply Iron Control Slides are for the positive histochemical staining of ferric iron deposits in tissue sections.
- Heat dry sections in oven according to your laboratory protocol.
- Acid clean glassware prior to use to avoid residual iron staining.
- See Procedure Note #1.
NEWCOMER SUPPLY VALIDATION PROCEDURE:
- Deparaffinize sections thoroughly in three changes of xylene, 3 minutes each. Hydrate through two changes each of 100% and 95% ethyl alcohols, 10 dips each. Wash well with distilled water.
- See Procedure Notes #2 and #3.
- Prepare fresh Ferrocyanide Working Solution directly before use; combine and mix well.
- Solution A: Hydrochloric Acid 20%, Aqueous 20 ml
- Solution B: Potassium Ferrocyanide 10%, Aqueous 20 ml
- Place slides in fresh Ferrocyanide Working Solution for 20 minutes.
- Rinse in three changes of tap water; rinse in distilled water.
- Place in Solution C: Nuclear Fast Red Stain, Kernechtrot for 5 minutes.
- Shake solution well before use; do not filter.
- Rinse well in distilled water.
- See Procedure Note #4.
- Dehydrate in two changes each of 95% and 100% ethyl alcohol. Clear in three changes of xylene, 10 dips each; coverslip with compatible mounting medium.
|Ferric iron deposits||Bright blue|
- Acid clean all glassware/plasticware (Part 12086) and rinse thoroughly in several changes of distilled water.
- Drain slides after each step to prevent solution carry over.
- Do not allow sections to dry out at any point during procedure.
- Wash well after Nuclear Fast Red Stain, Kernechtrot to avoid cloudiness in dehydration steps.
- If using a xylene substitute, closely follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for deparaffinization and clearing steps
- Luna, Lee G. Manual of Histologic Staining Methods of the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology. 3rd ed. New York: Blakiston Division, McGraw-Hill, 1968. 179-184.
- Sheehan, Dezna C., and Barbara B. Hrapchak. Theory and Practice of Histotechnology. 2nd ed. St. Louis: Mosby, 1980. 217-218.
- Modifications developed by Newcomer Supply Laboratory.