POLYFORM-F™ for Formalin Spills
Free Flowing Granules for Formalin Spills
Free flowing granules spill control product for safe and rapid control of vapors from formaldehyde, 10% NBF and other aldehydes. Result of treated spill is a non-hazardous biodegradable polymer that is safe & simple to clean up and dispose.
Eliminates Harmful Vapors in Minutes!
PolyForm-F™ Formalin/Formaldehyde Neutralizer is the spill control product of choice for the safe and rapid control of harmful vapors from formaldehyde, formaldehyde-based embalming solutions, glutaraldehyde, 10% buffered formalin and other aldehydes, including: Cidex, Cidex-OPA, Metracide, Wavacide & OmniCide.
PolyForm-F™ Formalin/Formaldehyde Neutralizer Highlights:
- Harmful vapors are eliminated in 2 to 3 minutes
- Formaldehyde & other aldehydes are neutralized & irreversibly polymerized
- Reaction leaves a non-hazardous biodegradable polymer
- End product is safe & simple for personnel to clean-up & dispose
Uses of PolyForm-F™ Formalin/Formaldehyde Neutralizer:
- Hospital & Medical Labs
- Histology & Pathology Labs
- Operating Rooms
- Morgues & Autopsy Suites
- Medical Schools & Universities
- Specimen Transportation
- Shipping & Receiving Areas
- Wherever aldehydes are used
Directions of Use for PolyForm-F™ Formalin/Formaldehyde Neutralizer:
- Consult SDS for the spilled chemical solution, to become familiar with its chemical properties and health & safety requirements.
- Select and wear proper personnel protective equipment as recommended or noted on the SDS for the spilled chemical solution.
- Evacuate area as necessary to ensure safety of personnel.
- Eliminate all sources of ignition and insure there is adequate ventilation in the area of the spill.
- Add PolyForm-F™ Formalin/Formaldehyde Neutralizer around the perimeter of the spill to dike the liquid and prevent spreading. From the upwind side, cover the entire area from edge to edge at a ratio of approximately one-to-one, completely covering the spill and taking care to avoid vapors and splashing.
- Once PolyForm-F™ Formalin/Formaldehyde Neutralizer is applied, DO NOT MIX, allow to stand for approximately 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cleanup spill residue by using a plastic dust-pan and disposable towels, then place the collected spill residue in adequate waste bag.
- After spill residue has been removed from spill area, wipe up the spill area with cold tap water, using a towel, sponge or mop.
- “Post-Cleanup” the spill area with mild detergent solution recommended by your facility for the final floor and/or counter cleanup.
- In most cases, the PolyForm-F™ Formalin/Formaldehyde Neutralizer treated spill residue may be disposed of as a non-hazardous waste.
- If the spilled solutions contain heavy metals, then the material must be handled as a potential hazardous waste.
- If human or animal tissue has been in contact with the spilled formalin, then the spill residue material may be handled as a potential bio-medical waste.
- Always dispose of all spill residue waste in accordance with users’ facility recommendations and follow all Federal, State and Local environmental regulations.
PolyForm-F™ Formalin/Formaldehyde Neutralizer may be used in conjunction with Formalex® Green, a liquid control agent in a spray bottle, for very small spills, vapor control for trash cans, and for hard to reach areas affected by the spill, such as cabinet faces and drawers.