Formalex GREEN Formalin Neutralizer
(Liquid Neutralizer for Sink Disposal)
Liquid formalin neutralizer that easily and safely neutralizes formalin waste to a non-hazardous, non-toxic solution for sink disposal. The improved formula eliminates any sludgy residue and does not require any pH adjustment. It contains no phosphates and is non-vapor forming. Use spray bottle for easy clean up of small countertop or bench spills!
- Prepare your formalin waste in minutes
- Immediately eliminates formalin fumes
- For 29 years a proven safe liquid neutralizer
- Significant savings vs. hauling formalin waste away
- No Sludgy Residue
- Contains No Phosphates
- No pH Adjustment Required
(Ships Ground Only)
|1 Gallon Cube||2.5 Gallon Cube||5 Gallon Cube||30 Gallon Drum||55 Gallon Drum|
|Formalex® “GREEN” Formalin Neutralizer||Part ABFX-01||Part ABFX-250||Part ABFX-05||Part ABFX-30||Part ABFX-55|
|Formalex® Green Waste Collection Container, 1 Gallon||Part ABFXG-1|
|Formalex® Green Waste Collection Container, 2.5 Gallon||Part ABFXG-25|
|Funnel with Tissue Screen||Part ABFX-FUN|
|Formalex® Green Graduated Dispenser, 32 Ounce||Part ABFXG-GD|
|Formalex® Green pH Test Strips (100 strips/pack)||Part ABFXG-PH|
|Formalex® Green Empty Spray Bottle||Part ABFX-32E|
For storage requirements and expiration date refer to individual product labels.
Newcomer Supply Formalex® “GREEN” Formalin Neutralizer is a multi-component, aqueous formulation which utilizes an organo-nitrogen based chemistry. This organo-nitrogen chemistry effectively neutralizes Formalin waste products by chemically reacting with the formaldehyde to yield non-hazardous, pH neutral, water soluble compounds that can be safely discharged to sewer and waste water treatment systems.
32 ounces of Formalex® “GREEN” will neutralize one gallon of 10% formalin or one gallon of 4% glutaraldehyde.
- No pH adjustment of solutions is required.
- Does not contain phosphates.
- Non-vapor forming.
- Formalin or glutaraldehyde can be neutralized in 4 hours to non-hazardous disposable solutions.
- Neutralized aldehyde products can be safely discharged to sewer and waste water treatment systems.
- No sludgy residue.
Formalex® “GREEN” recommended accessories to assist and complete the neutralization process.
- 1 Gallon or 2.5 Gallon Waste Collection Container
- Funnel with Tissue Screen
- 32 Ounce Graduated Dispenser
- pH Test Strips
- Collect acceptable concentrations of aldehyde waste in designated and well labeled Formalex® Green Waste Collection Container, 1 Gallon or 2.5 Gallon (ABFXG-1, ABFXG-25).
- See Procedure Notes #1 and #2.
- Use of Funnel with Tissue Screen (ABFX-FUN) is recommended to avoid any extraneous tissue debris from accumulating in aldehyde waste solutions.
- Add 32 fluid ounces of Formalex® “GREEN” to each gallon (128 fluid ounces) of aldehyde waste. Or add 1 liter of Formalex® “GREEN” to 4 liters of aldehyde waste.
- Use Formalex® Green 32 Ounce Graduated Dispenser (ABFXG-GD) for convenient measuring.
- Refer to Page 2 for treatment calculation tables.
- Securely tighten lid on collection container; agitate container to thoroughly mix solutions.
- Do not add any additional solutions to collection container once neutralization process has started.
- Allow mixed solution to stand for a minimum of 4 hours.
- See Procedure Note #3.
- Prior to re-opening, re-agitate container to thoroughly re-mix solution to decrease exposure to any potential headspace vapor.
- Test treated solution with Formalex® Green pH Test Strips (ABFXG-PH) to determine completion of neutralization reaction.
- Reaction is complete with a pH reading at or above 5.5.
- Pour neutralized non-hazardous aldehyde waste product into sanitary sewer.
- Rinse collection container and clean with cold tap water before reuse.
- Use Formalex® Green Spray Bottle (ABFX-32E) to neutralize small formalin spills and accompanying formalin odors.
- 10% formalin (4% formaldehyde) and 4% glutaraldehyde are the highest concentrations that can be neutralized.
- Formalex® “GREEN” should never be used to directly treat concentrated 37% formaldehyde for sanitary sewer disposal.
- Maintain separate, well labeled collection containers for waste formalin and waste glutaraldehyde solutions for best neutralization results.
- To attain the lowest formalin residual, allow treated solutions to stand overnight or approximately 8-12 hours.
- Confirm disposal methods with local and state environmental regulations. Refer to SDS for personal protective measures and handling information.
BEST USED BY INFORMATION:
Formalex Green is best when used within 24 months from production date. The last four digits of the batch number represent the production date in a Julian calendar format (eg. 1239 = 123rd day of 2019).
- Bancroft, John D., and Marilyn Gamble. Theory and Practice of Histological Techniques. 6th ed. Oxford: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier, 2008. 22-23, 27.
- Dapson, Janet Crookham, and Richard W. Dapson. Hazardous Materials in the Histopathology Laboratory: Regulations, Risks, Handling and Disposal. 4th ed. Battle Creek, MI: Anatech, 2005. 181-186.
- Modifications developed by Newcomer Supply Laboratory.
Calculating out how much Formalex Green that you need:
- Always wear chemical resistant gloves and eye protection when handling chemicals.
- Follow all institutional and personnel safety guidelines when handling formalin solutions.
- Read Formalex® Green Material Safety Data Sheet prior to use.
- Formalex® Green should NEVER be used to treat 37% formaldehyde for sewer disposal.
- Do not mix with chlorine type bleaches.
- Follow all local, state and federal laws and regulations regarding formalin solutions.