Formic Acid 96%, ACS
- Shelf Life is 2 years from date of manufacture.
PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF FORMIC ACID 96%, ACS:
Formic Acid 96%, ACS can be used in histology/autopsy as a additional step after fixation to reduce CJD infectivity.
TECHNICAL NOTES FOR USING FORMIC ACID 96%, ACS:
Do not reuse open bottle. Use fresh bottle each time
>95% FORMIC ACID
- Abstract on inactivating virus infectivity in formalin-fixed tissue samples from patients with Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.
- WHO infection control guidelines for transmissible spongiform encephalopathies.
- Brown, P., Wolff, A., Gadusek, D.C. 1990. A simple and effective method for inactivating virus infectivity in formalin-fixed tissue samples from patients with Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. Neurology 40:887-890.
- CLSI M29-A3 Protection of Laboratory Workers from Occupationally Acquired Infections; Approved Guideline – Third Edition p 47.