(A Direct Substitute for BioMeda Crystal Mount)
Permanent water based mounting medium for immunoperoxidase and immunoalkaline phosphatase IHC stains. Manuf. by EMS.
CLEAR MOUNT MOUNTING MEDIUM APPLICATIONS:
- Mounting of IHC slides that cannot be dehydrated with organic solvents.
CLEAR MOUNT INSTRUCTIONS:
- Bring the vial to room temperature.
- Rinse slide to be mounted with DISTILLED OR DEIONIZED WATER, touch the edges of slide on a paper towel to remove excess water. Place slides on a flat surface.
- Turn the vial upside down and open the dropper to remove any air bubbles. Apply 3-4 drops of mounting medium directly on top of the specimen and spread out evenly by tilting the slide back and forth or spread evenly with a 0.2 ml plastic pipette tip making sure the tissue is not touched. Excess medium can be removed by touching the edges of slide against a paper towel.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 1 to 2 hours. Or the slides can be heated at 37-40°C for 40-60 minutes. The slides are ready for visualization under a microscope.
- To visualize slide under microscope with 4X, 10X, 20X, or 40X lens coversilp is NOT required.
HANDLING AND STORAGE OF CLEAR MOUNT:
This product is stored at room temperature, however, for long term storage 2-8°C is recommended. The pH of this product is more stable at 2-8ºC. DO NOT FREEZE.
REMOVAL OF COVERSLIP:
Soak the slide in warm (37°C) distilled or deionized water for 5-10 minutes until the mounting medium is dissolved. Rinse slide with warm water several times to remove all mounting medium; the slide can be remounted again if required.