Chlorine Control Spill Powder
Chlorine Control Powder™ is a specially formulated powder designed for the destruction and control of various types of liquid chlorine spills and leaks. Chlorine Control Powder™ is manufactured in a dry form for easy application without mixing or dilution. Once applied, Chlorine Control Powder™ will:
- Neutralize the pH
- Convert all the chlorine to a nonhazardous material
- Eliminate harmful chlorine vapors
- Convert spill to a powder for easy disposal
Chlorine Control Powder™ is effective against:
- Industrial strength Sodium Hypochlorite
- Household strength Sodium Hypochlorite (Clorox)*
- Most forms of liquid chlorine solutions
- Calcium Hypochlorite solutions
- Fire departments
- Haz-mat teams
- Water plants
- Industrial plants
- Commercial swimming pools
- Consult SDS of spilled material to become familiar with its chemical properties and safety and health requirements.
- Select and wear proper personal protective equipment, including suitable foot and respiratory protection for chlorine spills. (Rubber boots, gloves, goggles, gas mask, SCBA, ets.)
- Evacuate area as necessary to ensure the safety of all personnel.
- Eliminate all sources of ignition and ensure that there is adequate ventilation available before applying product.
- Apply Chlorine Control Powder™ to spill from the upwind side around its perimeter to dike the liquid, working from the outside toward the center, taking care to avoid vapors and splashing.
- Carefully mix with a non-reactive paddle or shovel until all liquid is solidified.
- Determine level of neutralization by using a chlorine test kit or strips.
- Check pH and chlorine concentration.
- Follow final clean up procedures established by your facility or company.
- Dispose of neutralized waste in accordance with Federal, State, and Local environmental regulations.
- Rinse and dispose of empty container after use.
*Clorox is a Registered Trademark of the Clorox Corporation