Air Purifier by IQ Air
Formalin, Xylene & Alcohol fumes GONE!
IQ Air® Laboratory Filtration Technology
The IQ Air Multi-Gas GC series is the world’s most effective compact laboratory air purifier for the control of gaseous chemicals. Just like a professional gas mask, the IQ Air Multi-Gas GC series relies on an interchangeable cartridge design for optimized gaseous pollutant control. While molecular control is a particular strength of these systems, the IQ AirMulti-Gas GC series also offers excellent filtration efficiency for particles.
Thanks to its cartridges, the IQ Air Multi-Gas GC series are able to meet almost any moderate gas phase removal need for laboratory environments.
Three specialized gas phase media configurations are part of the Multi-Gas GC Series:
- VOC – Controls volatile organic compounds such as xylene and other solvents.
- MULTIGAS – Controls wide range of gaseous organic and inorganic chemicals such as a combination of xylene, alcohols and formaldehyde.
- CHEMISORBER – Controls formaldehyde (formalin), hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide, etc.
The IQAir GC MultiGas air purifier is designed to clean the full spectrum of airborne pollutants with the very best filtration technology available at each of four stages. Air is drawn into the GC MultiGas through the bottom of the system by a powerful IQAir fan, then sequentially cleaned in a step-by-step process that delivers the purest air possible. In addition, IQAir’s unique no-leakage design prevents air from escaping back into the room without being drawn through the GC MultiGas filters.
The four filtration stages include:
- HyperHEPA particle filtration: The first stage of filtration features a powerful HyperHEPA® pre-filter that removes particles of all sizes, including ultrafine particles.
- Cartridge-based activated carbon adsorption: Highest-grade activated carbon is used to filter volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which are responsible for odors.
- Cartridge-based chemisorption: This stage destroys harmful chemicals, such as formaldehyde, by an oxidation process inside a chemically active alumina pellet.
- Post-filter sleeve: A post-filter sleeve wraps each gas cartridge to prevent media dust from being released.
HOW DO THE GC SERIES AIR PURIFIERS WORK?
- Room air is drawn into the system via two arched openings at the base.
- The air is drawn in through a high-efficiency pre-filter that removes most coarse and fine dust particles.
- At the heart of the system, sandwiched between the filters, is a powerful centrifugal fan which generates the airflow.
- The air is pushed through four cartridges that contain gas phase control media, which retains specific gaseous pollutants and odors.
- Particulate post-filter sleeves hold back abrasion particles from the gas phase filter media.
- Low turbulence, low velocity air is returned to the room via the EvenFlow™ diffuser.
WHAT MAKES UP THE MULTIGAS GC AIR PURIFIER SYSTEM?
- Remote Control
- Batteries (For remote)
- Owner’s Manual
- User Guide Video
- Set of 4 Casters
- 10 ft. Power Cord
- Certificate of Guaranteed Performance
SIZE, WEIGHT & COVERAGE AREA OF THE GC SERIES AIR PURIFIER:
- Size (H x W x D) – 28″ x 15″ x 16″
- Weight (including filters) – 44 lbs.
- Max coverage area: 800 sq. ft. (based on max fan speed and an 8.5 foot ceiling)
AVERAGE GC AIR PURIFIER FILTER LIFE:
- Pre-HEPA Filter: 6-18 months*
- Gas & Odor Cartridges: 1-3 years*
- Post Filter Sleeves: 1-3 years*
*based on 8 hrs. usage per day on speed setting #3. Filter life can vary based on actual usage and pollution levels.
FEATURES OF THE GC SERIES AIR PURIFIERS:
- The built-in guiding handle on top and casters on the bottom make it easy to roll around the room or house to provide air purification wherever you need it.
- The GC Multi Gas features two particle filters that work in tandem to provide an overall reduction of more than 99% of all particles (0.3 microns and larger) in the air.
- The Hyper HEPA Pre-Filter eliminates micro- and nano-particles such as allergens, smoke, bacteria and viruses.
- New Edition technology, including improved pleat-spacing patterns and other advances, extends the life of the H11 HyperHEPA pre-filter by 20%. The HyperHEPA pre-filter also helps extend the life of the gas-phase media by preventing the gas-control cartridges from clogging with particulates.
- The GC Multi Gas Hyper HEPA pre-filter is proven and certified to eliminate 95% of all particles down to 0.003 microns, the smallest particles that exist.
- Additionally, each GC MultiGas gas-phase cartridge is wrapped with a micro-charged post-filter sleeve that eliminates particles released in the activated carbon adsorption and alumina pellet chemisorption media.
Internal leakage drastically reduces the actual efficiency of most air purifiers.
A unique process ensures that the filter media is 100 percent sealed in the filter frame.
The patented 3D UltraSeal ensures perfect knife-edge-in-groove sealing between filter frame and housing.
Individual seals on each housing module ensure an airtight housing.
RED LABEL FAN
- The highest quality fan motor available is used in the GC Series systems.
- Each fan is individually balanced and uses steel ball bearings to last longer.
- The new three-dimensionally optimized design now uses state-of-the-art aerodynamics to convert energy into more air and less noise.
- Has a 780 cfm (1325 m³/h) rating at 2750 rpm.
- The IQAir New Edition fan is suspended in a housing unit that isolates the fan from the housing with eight shock absorbers to further reduce noise.
BEST MEDIA, SUPERIOR DESIGN
- The GC Series combines the best media in the industry with superior IQAir design to provide an unequaled level of protection against gases, odor and chemicals.
- There are four disposable gas-phase filter cartridges of the GC MultiGas featuring 12 lbs. (5.4 kg.) of the highest-grade activated carbon from bituminous coal.
- Alumina pellets impregnated with potassium permanganate remove formaldehyde from the air.
- The cylindrical shape of the GC MultiGas cartridges allows for optimal contact between the air and the filtration media, while offering very low air restriction.
- Post filters wrap each cylinder, preventing any media dust from being released while further improving overall system efficiency.
- Easily program automatic operation of six fan speeds via a day/night timer. This allows you to cut energy costs and extend filter life by using your GC MultiGas air purifier to clean the air exactly as you need it when you need it.
- Intelligent filter-life monitor precisely forecasts filter replacement based on actual usage and color-coded lights tell you when it’s time to change each filter.
- Handheld remote control makes it easy to manage your GC MultiGas air purifier from almost anywhere in the room. You can set the fan speed and even timer controls without getting up. When the remote is not in use it fits easily in the recesses on the top of the system.
Fan Speed and Corresponding Hourly Air Exchange Rates in Differently Sized Rooms
|Fan Speed||Room Size ( Ceiling Height: 8.5′ )|
|Air Delivery||50 sq.ft.||100 sq.ft.||150 sq.ft.||200 sq.ft.||250 sq.ft.||300 sq.ft.||400 sq.ft.||500 sq.ft.||600 sq.ft.||700 sq.ft.||800 sq.ft.|
|Hourly Room Air Exchange Rate|
PERFORMANCE OF THE GC SERIES AIR PURIFIERS:
- Up to 21% more clean air.
- Proven performance against ultrafine particles.
- The GC MultiGas packs the chemical removal power of more than 100 gas masks into its filter cartridges.
- Certified Peformance: Each GC MultiGas air purifier is tested at the factory to ensure that its performance is proven to provide a minimum of 99% efficiency against particles. The results of the tests are detailed in a hand-signed Certificate of Performance, which is shipped in the box with every air purifier.
- Up to 20% longer filter life: filter pleating pattern increases airflow and loading capacity by 20% on the HyperHEPA pre-filter.
Multi Gas GC Series Air Purifier
Max coverage area is 800 sq. ft. (based on max fan speed and an 8.5 foot ceiling) Net weight is approximately 44 lbs. includes filters. Dimensions H 28″ x W 15″ x D 16″