Water Absorbing Packets for Xylene
Water absorbent packets designed to fit in the bottom of your clearing agent dish (manual or auto). Extends life of clearant and reduces disposal costs. Helps when “humidity” is high. Color indicator signals replacement. Effective for solvents & aliphatic hydrocarbs. Size specific for internal dimensions.
Custom sizes available.
Water absorbent packets designed to fit in the bottom of your clearing agent dish (manual or auto). Extends life of clearant and reduces disposal costs. Helps when “humidity” is high. Color indicator signals replacement. Effective for solvents & aliphatic hydrocarbs.
- Important : Start with fresh xylene.
- Individual Hydrosorb-X™ packets are vacuum sealed to prevent moisture absorption from the air. Keep sealed until ready to place into xylene dish.
- Place one Hydrosorb-X™ packet in each xylene or xylene substitute dish, except for the first dish in deparaffinization and the first after dehydration. Use of a Hydrosorb-X™ packet in the deparaffinization is helpful in humid environments.
- Also, place a Hydrosorb-X™ packet into the dish used for coverslipping to absorb the water/moisture from the xylene.
- If you are using an automated stainer, depending upon the model, you may have to remove the Hydrosorb-X™ packet before staining begins. Packets “may” cause the racks to become dislodged. If that is the case, we recommend that you place the Hydrosorb-X™ packet into the staining dishes whenever the machine is not in use and remove prior to operation.
- When you choose to remove the Hydrosorb-X™ packets for any period of time, place the packets into a separate xylene dish designated “Storage Only”.
- Do not allow the Hydrosorb-X™ packets to be exposed to air for extended periods of time. The packets must be kept in the vacuum sealed bags or in xylene to maintain maximum useful life.
- When the Hydrosorb-X™ packet turns completely pink, it is exhausted and needs to be replaced.
- To increase the life of your xylene we recommend rotating the xylene dishes and placing a Hydrosorb-X™ packet into the dish overnight.
- Easy disposal of the Hydrosorb-X™ packets: allow packets to dry under a ventilation hood. If exposed to a “hazardous” clearant, dispose with your chemical hazardous waste according to laboratory policy.
Custom sizes available.